for School Bus Drivers
This course, intended for school transportation staff interacting with pupils, is designed to increase awareness of and sensitivity to LGBTQ students who are riding buses and may be victims of bullying and harassment.
Attendees will include school bus drivers and monitors.
Attendees will receive an overview of emerging gender-related issues in our society and in our schools. Attendees will gain a greater awareness of these issues and the needs of the students they transport.
Key Concepts Covered:
- Key Laws affecting the issue
- Student Behavior management
- Personal values
- Definitions of terms and concepts
Sponsors and Partners:
The course has been developed for the Cyr Foundation (NYS) by The Pupil Transportation Safety Institute (PTSI) with financial support from Utica National Insurance Group.
Where To Start:
We bring this training TO YOU!
- Establish a date - and a back up date (scheduling based on availability!)
- Consider joining up with a neighboring district and share in the costs of the program.
- Select the date that best suits your needs and we will take it from there!- Call the office or email us if you have any questions! We are here to help!
What We Will Need from You:
Once you decide you want to set a date for your course, we will need you to provide us with the following:
- Name of school or company
- Address of training facility
- Details on specific entrance to use for the room
- Time trainers can get into the facility
- On-site, pre-hours contact number (cell phone) for emergencies
- Number of participants expected
- Site will provide an adequate room with screen. Projector, power cord if needed
- Site will provide refreshments if needed
1-100 attendees $1,500
101-175 attendees $2,250
176-250 attendees $3,000
What Attendees Receive:
Attendees will receive the live training, an educational handout with important resource links, and a certificate of attendance.
PLEASE INQUIRE FOR SCHEDULING