Winter Workshop 2021
Thursday 2/18- Friday 2/19
We are pleased to announce the 2021 Virtual WINTER WORKSHOP! Participate in two days filled with important, timely and trending information. Presentations will include basic legal requirements, emerging issues and information, and useful ideas and tips for managing your team and improving your operations. This mid-year program is a great educational opportunity! It serves as a refresher for top managers, as well as administrative, training and other supervisory staff, on important transportation program topics useful in improving transportation operations. All workshops are held in Virtual General Session format. Our vendor partners will be on hand exhibiting and participating throughout the event.
Thursday and Friday Workshop Sessions
- The Emotionally Intelligent Leader - Bill Hoosty - WHR Consulting
- Applying Proven Military Leadership Principles in the Transportation Department - Marc Medina - Farmingdale Central School District
- The History of Seat Belts in School Buses - What Are Our Options Today? - Dereck Graham - Industry Consultant
- State Education Department Update - Paul Overbaugh - State Education Director of Pupil Transportation Services
- Develop a Winning Bus Replacement Schedule - Stacey Bruce - Leonard Bus Sales, Inc.
- PEACE Program - Accomplishing Your Goals - Tony Civitella - Transfinder
- Dealing with the Stress and Anxiety of the COVID-19 Pandemic - Dr. Joseph Volpe - Clinical Psychologist
- NYAPT Legislative Update - Bill Harvey - NYAPT Legislative Chair and Andre Claridge - NYAPT Government Relations
- NYAPT Awards Presentation - President Nugent and Past President Sweeney
- Leadership in the School Transportation Department - School Administrators Association of New York State (SAANYS)
- And more....
(session topics may change slightly as speakers are finalized)
For the COMPLETE SCHEDULE of all programming click here! The Winter Workshop begins on Thursday at 9:30 AM on February 18th
Continues through Friday afternoon, February 19th.
What it costs to attend:
MEMBER NYAPT - $165.00 full 2-day workshop (Thurs/Fri)
NON-Member - $200 full 2-day workshop (Thurs/Fri)
Cancellations must be received in writing at least 14 days prior to the Event. See NYAPT cancellation policy.
For Sponsorship Opportunities:
Virtual Trade Show Exhibitor Opportunities
NYAPT is providing a Virtual Trade Show opportunity for NYAPT Industry members to participate in during the Winter Workshop. The Trade Show will be be conducted by PSAV, a virtual conference provider and NYAPT partner. The Virtual Trade Show will run the entire time of the scheduled Workshop and attendees can access the Trade Show at any time during the Workshop.
Only NYAPT industry members may participate in the Trade Show. If you are not an industry member and wish to become one, go to:
The fee to exhibit at the Winter Workshop Virtual Trade Show is $300.00. That fee will get you a "booth" on the Winter Workshop Trade Show virtual floor. You will work with PSAV directly to enhance your Trade Show "booth" as you see fit. All costs for those enhancements will be the responsibility of the exhibitor. See enhancement details and register for a Virtual Trade Show booth at 2021 Exhibitor Opportunities - Winter Workshop.
List of Exhibitors currently registered for 2021 Winter Workshop, as of 1/19/2021: