Schuylerville Central Schools
TITLE: Automotive Repairer
Skilled mechanic duties to include but not limited to:
Routine preventative maintenance on school buses and other vehicles;
Repairs of both gasoline and diesel motor vehicles;
Electronic computer diagnostics;
Service both hydraulic and air brakes;
Prepare buses for NYS DOT inspections;
Drive a school bus on an assigned route as needed; and
Perform a variety of related work as required.
CDL B License with Air Brakes, Endorsements P, S, Preferred but willing to train the right candidate. Must have own tools.
Salary and benefits package according to CSEA contract.
Interested candidates should send resume and letter of interest to Transportation Supervisor Chuck Barss. 14 Spring Street, Schuylerville, NY 12871 by February 23, 2018.
EAST IRONDEQUOIT CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
TITLE: HEAD BUS DRIVER
• Monroe County Civil Service title of Head Bus Driver or eligible for the title
• 2 Years paid full time or part time experience in the operation of a school bus Current Class B commercial driver's license with a P (Passenger) endorsement and S (School Bus) endorsement, issued by the State of New York at the time of appointment
• Must be 21 Years of age in order to be eligible to obtain required driver's license.
• Must meet all other State and Federal pre-employment requirements of the position prior to employment
• 19 - A Examiner certification required
• School Bus Driver Instructor (SBDl) certificate *If these certificates are not held at time of employment they must be obtained within the first year of employment*
REPORTS TO: Director of Transportation
• Drive a bus on one or more regular routes as required
• Drives a bus on field trips and other special trips as required
• Assists in assigning bus drivers to routes; relays route assignments and other pertinent instructions to subordinate drivers; • Instructs bus drivers on the use/care of equipment in order to ensure driver compliance in such areas as bus cleanliness, proper street crossings, bus stop locations and other related activities and trains new employees, as necessary;
• Professionally answers the phones and relays information to drivers;
• Maintains, either manually or through an automated system, simple records, driver vehicle inspection reports (DVIR), such as mileage, fuel consumption, maintenance records, attendance, etc.;
• Prepares simple reports on driver activities on a monthly basis or as required by district policy;
• Provides input and assistance to the director for preparation of the department budget; • Performs dispatching duties requiring the operation of a two-way radio;
• Assists in the planning and creation of bus routes including homeless student transportation and shuttles; • Provides input to director for staff evaluations;
• May provide behind the wheel training for new bus drivers;
• May conduct yearly road tests of bus drivers as required by law;
• Creates testing schedules;
• Enters and accurately tracks field trips;
• Follows up on and responds to complaints, as needed;
• Uses computer applications or other automated systems such as Bus routing software, spreadsheets, word processing, calendar, e-mail, and database software;
• Receives program requests, develops, and maintains routes.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Transportation
• Respond to communications from parents and administration
Dependability, with a good knowledge of the bus operations, roads and bus routes in the school district; ability to understand, interpret, transmit instructions, and evaluate subordinate personnel; flexible, able to demonstrate empathy, ability to read, write, speak, understand and communicate in English sufficiently to perform the essential duties of the position; excellent customer service skills; ability to use computer applications such as bus routing programs, spreadsheets, word processing, e-mail, payroll, and database software; good judgment, physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
12 month position. Salary and benefits based on negotiated agreement between the East lrondequoit Management Association and the Superintendent of Schools.
Please send your district listing to email@example.com