Winter Workshop 2019
Thursday 2/21- Friday 2/22 Albany Marriott
WALK-INS WELCOME - Advance registration now closed.
We are pleased to announce the 2019 WINTER WORKSHOP! Participate in two days filled with important, timely and trending information. Presentations will include basic legal requirements, emerging issues and information, and useful ideas and tips for managing your team and improving your operations.
What We're Offering! The Winter Workshop:
The Winter Workshop is a NYAPT tradition, bringing key school transportation information and knowledge to supervisors and managers of school bus operations. This mid-year program is a great educational and networking opportunity! It serves as a refresher for managers on important transportation program elements and it's highly instructive for all levels of administrative/supervisory staff in your department.
The Workshop includes timely and new information on topics such as driver licensing, special education transportation and management development. All workshops are held in General Session and our partners from our vendor community will be on hand exhibiting and participating throughout the event.
OUTLINE OF SESSIONS BEING OFFERED:
- Loading and Unloading – The Moment of Truth – Peter Lawrence, PhD
- Department of Motor Vehicle – Updates: Road Test / New Drug & Alcohol Testing Law / Entry Level Driver Training
- Department of Transportation Update– Jeff Corey – Mgr Field Operations
- State Education Department – Foster Care Transportation – Paul Overbaugh
- Seat Belts on School Buses –From the TD Point of View – Bill Harvey
- Comptroller’s Report on School Bus Safety: Cheryl Dalton/ Jeff Wainwright – Saratoga City School District
- The SED Training and Safety File - Paul Overbaugh - Director of Transportation - State Education Department
- The Transportation Supervisor/Business Official Relationship – Importance of Qualified Transportation Director on Staff - Victor Manuel & Lori-Ann Savino - Jericho CSD
- Special Education Law – Tara Moffit,Esq. Girvin & Ferlazzo P.C
- Shooter Training/Verbal Judo – Marc Medina- Farmingdale CSD
- Panel Discussion on Bus Driver Recruitment and Retainment- Moderated by Darren Everhart
(course topics may change slightly as speakers are finalized)
For the FULL DESCRIPTION OF ALL PROGRAMS visit:
www.NYAPT.org/WinterInfo - updates coming soon!
Begins Thursday AM on February 21
Continues thru Friday afternoon, February 22
Join Us Thursday Evening Social Event
- Fun in Fundraising for the Scholarship Program
- Join us for light fare and beverages, games and good times!
What it costs to attend:
MEMBER NYAPT - $185.00 full 2-day workshop (Thurs/Fri)
NON-Member - $225 full 2-day workshop(Thurs/Fri)
Thursday Evening Networking Event - $40 (optional)
No-Shows will be billed & responsible for payment.
See full cancellation policy below.
CHECK HERE FOR NEW SPONSOR & EXHIBITOR ANNOUNCEMENTS
All room accommodations will be at the ALBANY MARRIOTT
at 189 Wolf Road in Albany. 518.458.8444
: $135.00 per person per night. -- RATE AVAILABLE TIL THURSDAY 1/31/19 (or until room block is sold out)
: Toll Free: 800.228.9290 Local: 518.458.8444
- NYAPT event link for online reservations.
Cancellations must be received in writing prior to February 13, 2019 (no phone cancellations will be accepted). Refunds can be made ONLY on cancellations received before 2/13/19. NO Refunds will be made after that date. ---> NO-SHOWS will be billed and expected to honor their invoices.